Research Experience for Teachers in Engineering and Computer Science Site: Engineering of Polymeric Films and Interfaces
- Work with a research group in Polymer Engineering, Polymer Science, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering or Biomedical Engineering
- Learn about fundamental engineering principles
- Translate this knowledge and experience into lessons and units for your classroom
Who Should Apply:
High School Science Teachers
Dates coming soon.
There is NO FEE for participation. A stipend of $8,000 will be provided to participants that attend all required days.
This program is funded by the National Science Foundation:
Award Number EEC-1161732.
Please contact Dr. Kevin Cavicchi - email@example.com.
NEW! Inquiry Based Learning Using Polymers - Workshop:
The lesson plans below were created by high school science teachers that participated in the RET program. Please click on a link to view the lesson plan.
- A Test of Adhesive Strength
- A Comparative Study of Lactase and Lactase Supplements
- Determining the coefficient of friction for various tires on a ramp
- Diaper Dilemma
- Drug Delivery with Polymer Based Nanoparticles
- The Great Rube Goldberg Polymer Machine
- Hydrate Me!
- Hydrogels make Happy Plants
- Impulse: An investigation of Impulse/Change in Momentum
- Naturally Hydrophobic
- Plastic Surface Competition
- Polymer Pie
- Properties of Spider Web Adhesion
- Smelly Synthesis
- The Stress of Being a Recycled Bag
- What Happens to the Heat?
- Young's Modulus: An investigation of Stress versus Strain using PDMS Polymer