Author: Tracy Wilson, Jason Pitak, Tim Petrie, Jacqueline Godsey, AGPA staff
What should the students know as a result of this lesson?
- Students will understand how a catapult works
- Students will understand the engineering design process
- Students will understand that the solution to one problem may create other problems and require refining the original design
- Students will understand that the best design may not be feasible because of constraints, such as material availability, cost, or time
What should the students be able to do as a result of this lesson?
- Students will be able to build a simple catapult
- Students will be able to evaluate and improve an existing design
- Students will be able to give and receive constructive criticism