- The glop mixture contains Borax which is poisonous if ingested. If this material is accidentally eaten, call the poison control center immediately.
- Borax is also an eye irritant. Eyes that may have been contaminated with glop should be flushed with water immediately. See Flinn Scientific website (www.flinnsci.org) for MSDS.
- Students should be cautioned before task and instructed to wash their hands after completing the task.
- Be careful.
- Teachers and students should always exercise appropriate safety precautions and utilize appropriate laboratory safety procedures and equipment when working on science performance tasks.