Author: Susan Franz, Chris Bode, Beth Kennedy, Roberta Gangl
Source: Akron Global Polymer Academy Summer Institute 2002 Balls and Ramps, Insights Hands-on Inquiry Science Curriculum Chain Gang, The Chemistry of Polymers Published by Terrific Science Press
What should the students know as a result of this lesson?
- Students will identify balls that do and do not bounce.
- Students will illustrate what they learned in their Science Journals.
What should the students be able to do as a result of this lesson?
- Make balls
- Explore the movement of balls
- Explore the insides of commercially made balls
- Analyze the materials from which the balls are made to determine their purpose.