Author: Sandy Van Natta
What should the students know as a result of this lesson?
- Students will be able to identify chemical changes taking place
- Students will state that glue is a polymer
- Students will be able to describe the effect of crosslinking on the polymer
- Students will understand the importance of compounding on the physical properties of a polymer
What should the students be able to do as a result of this lesson?
- Students will work cooperatively
- Students will perform tests and collect data
- Students will make spreadsheets and graphs representing their data
- Students will examine and analyze the data collected from the testing of polymers to determine which material has the best properties to fill a specific need
- Students will invent and innovate, and use problem solving
- Students will design and manufacture a ball prototype based upon their data analysis